Wednesday 21 December 2016

Past the point of no return...

Oh gosh it's been a while...

So basically after my NYMT audition back in February I started a post about that but ended up only half finishing it because it was a sore topic at that point. Hopefully I'll fine time to go back to that and finish it off fairly soon though because I'm aware that it's their audition season again.

Since then a lot has happened: I've done a couple of shows, performed on a West End stage and applied for drama schools/unis which is what I'm back to talk about.

I decided to apply for just a couple of drama schools and then use the rest if my UCAS options for unis due to financial reasons. Basically I realised that I wouldn't be able to afford a degree unless it was fully funded by the government. This meant that the number of accredited drama schools that I could apply to was dramatically less, the only three that spring to mind are: LIPA, East 15 and The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama. I think there are some others too but none of them particularly tickled my fancy so I don't remember.

After attending an open day in September 2015 I decided that I didn't like the idea of LIPA due to how small it is as I've always attended a small school and would rather have a change of scene after 16 years.

So, the places that I applied and the courses are:
  • The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama (BA Acting(Straight, MT & CDT))
  • East 15 (BA Acting)
  • University of Winchester (BA Musical Theatre)
  • University of Wolverhampton (BA Musical Theatre)
  • University of Wales Trinity St David (BA Acting)
Already I've had an audition at Winchester and been given dates for Wolverhampton and Trinity St David. For Royal Central I still need to pick a date and for East 15 I need to fill out a separate application form.

So yeah, there's a short update of where I am at the minute and I'll be uploading a post about my audition at the University of Winchester and the outcome of that ASAP.

Keep shining!

No comments:

Post a Comment