Friday 1 January 2016

Just a little bit about myself...

Hi everyone!!

First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

So two of the many things on my list of goals for 2016 are to do even more shows and to apply to drama school. To help me keep up with these I thought I'd start a blog about my experiences!! I'll be making posts about shows I'm in, reviews of shows I see and also about audition experiences; my first of which will be in February when I audition for NYMT.

So, who am I?

Well, I'm 17 years old and I live in The Lake District in England. I am completely obsessed with musicals and love anything to do with drama. My goal in life is to be truly happy and the only way I can see myself doing that is if I am doing what I love all day everyday, so basically I'm hoping to become a professional actress. I've had singing lessons since the age of 9 and also do drama with local amateur societies and I do tap and yoga regularly. I'm currently in my second year of sixth form studying A levels in German and Physics and an As level in Music, an unusual mixture I know. I'll be taking a gap year next year to finish off my Music A level and during that time I'll be applying to drama schools as well as doing voluntary work in the care sector. I have a passion for helping people and so I do a fair bit of fundraising for charity, including partaking in the annual Keswick to Barrow walk, which is 40 miles through the heart of the hilly Lakes so quite an achievement I think!

I've done quite a bit of rambling now so I'll leave you now with a list of my upcoming dramatic events:
-Broughton Drama Group's annual pantomime: Panto at the OK Corral (29th-31st January)
-NYMT audition (14th February)
-Abbey Musical Society's annual show: White Christmas (14th-19th March, yes March xD)

Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment